Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Di Ford Mystery Quilt


I am so excited to have all the borderie perse stitched on this quilt.  I don’t know if it was this particular fabric or just me but it seemed rather difficult to work with.  It wasn’t like regular chintz but more loosely woven so I had trouble with it raveling.  I was fortunate to have more of the fabric than the people doing the BOM so I was able to have more flowers to choose from and could redo if things went too terribly wrong.


Here she is completed through border number four.


These are the bits for border number five.  Stitching left to do.
From what I have gleaned from the internet the last border, number six is full of English paper pieced stars.
Oh my,  not looking forward to that.

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful heirloom you are creating, Nancy! Just gorgeous!
    (I've never done broderie perse, though I know I saw a demo a LONG time ago.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nancy - absolutely gorgeous!! If you had to stop at row 4 it would look fabulous, too because the proprotions are so right. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with this quilt, good for you for actualy stitching it! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt looks marvelous. It has been a challenge but you're doing fabulous. I haven't done border 5 yet. I've heard the next one is going to keep us busy for awhile. But it will be an awesome quilt when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job, Nancy!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible work! Love how vibrant it is. Really, really pretty.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen several blogs where they are working on this quilt. You have done so well with the design. I would not be looking forward to paper piecing either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! Seeing yours makes me wish I had started it too! I love your applique border.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy, your Di Ford Mystery Quilt looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its beautiful! I wish I'd been able to get in on it. Here's hoping those EPP stars will go easier than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's just beautiful! I've only got so far as making the templates for the center, so I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!