Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

Fresh Laundry - My Retreat Quilt

This past May I went on a quilt retreat with 5 ladies from my small quilt group.  You know you always need something mindless to sew when you are sewing with a group of friends because with all the conversation it’s hard to concentrate on anything complicated.

 This was a free jelly roll pattern called Fresh Laundry by Liz Katsuro found here.  I already had the black and white jelly roll so I just cut a bunch of white 2.5 inch strips with my Go cutter and was good to go.


Yesterday I finally found time to put the binding on.  I have started stitching most of my bindings by machine using the method shown here.  There is just not enough time for me to stitch them all by hand and for quilts that will be washed a lot I think it makes a stronger edge.

While looking around YouTube the other day I ran across this Video called
"Quilt Binding, The final connection”.  It was something new to me and I thought some of you might be interested in seeing it.
That’s all for today.
Happy stitching,
Nancy

7 comments:

  1. What a pretty quilt! The backing fabric is such a sweet and cheerful print. Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to haven to try your binding method. For some reason I have used a walking foot in the past and I see you use a regular or edge stitch foot. The other tutorial was interesting also - thanks for sharing. Your retreat quilt looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't nice to get something completely done? Glad you got the bonding on and sewed down. It's nice there's A time and a place for all kinds of techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun retreat project!
    I watched the video and will give it a try next time I'm binding.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the binding link. I always had a hard time joing them. Can't wait to try it out.

    Absolutely love yout quilt. Now I know where to put my awesome fabric that I ddon't want to cut up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy the quilt with the stripes makes my heart sting..lovely backing too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lovvvvvve this quilt!! And the fabric you used on the back just made it!! I'm running downstairs right now to find a jelly roll!! Whhhaaatttt? Hey, I read a blog a while back that said it is very healthy for us to start new projects even if we have 100s of unfinished ones!! It keeps us creative!! Thanks for the link!! :-))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!