I finished making all the extra blocks for my Chester County Criswell quilt this week. Some of the blocks in the quilt are repeated and since I have chosen to make my quilt more like the original I decided to go ahead and make the extra blocks so I would be up to date when the new year starts in September.
I went ahead and washed this years blocks and removed the starch and glue that I used to prepare the pieces. Teresa from Fabric Therapy has an excellent post today about the process of removing Roxanne's glue from your fabric. This is basically how I remove the glue from my blocks.
The only thing left to do is square the blocks up to the correct size.
I haven't decided how I want to layout my quilt and I really hate squaring up appliqué blocks so I will put this off as long as possible.
I also managed to get the binding on my Scrappy Cheddar Squares quilt. I used wool batting in this quilt and I really like the way it makes the feathers stand out. If you would like to read more about how I made Scrappy Cheddar you can go here and here for previous posts.
I hope you found some time to stitch this summer.