Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Calico Paradise Progress


I have been making good progress on my Calico Paradise quilt.  I purchased the pattern from Dawn at Collector With a Needle .  It's a lovely pattern and Dawn has been a tremendous help to me in selecting fabrics.


Calico Paradise is going rather quickly. Once I got my mind around the fact that I was not going to be able to find fabrics exactly like the original it became easier.  I am happy with the ones I have been able to find and although it will not be like the original it pleases me.


Once I got the overlay made I used it to place several pieces at one time stitched them and then placed some more.  Holding this large piece of fabric in my hand to stitch became easier once the two large center pieces were finished.


There is still much to do but I must say I just love this quilt.  It is so bright and cheerful to work on.  I  have the pinks to add and they will really make it sing.
Happy stitching,

11 comments:

  1. Your fabrics are just perfect! The fussy cutting with the blue is so pretty also. That is going to be a very striking quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with all the fussy cutting. It really makes a striking difference. I am loving this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a beautiful quilt! I'm sure it's a joy to work on.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've admired this quilt since I saw it on Dawn's blog. You are doing a beautiful job, capturing the design with your own fabrics. Your applique is flawless.

    Nancy in MT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nancy, this is just gorgeous! I LOVE the fabrics you have used. The centre is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. precioso!!!!!
    se ve guapísimo, y va muy deprisa
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  7. And isn't it looking gorgeous. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work - and it is coming along so quickly! I knew this would be lovely!
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad I found via Just Us Quilters! I'm now following on Bloglovin'. You have some beautiful quilts and it's nice to see that you sew for a little girl. I have a couple of granddaughters about her age and do a bit of sewing for them. Lillian certainly is cute in her little dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!