Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

T-Shirt Quilt Ready for Christmas


Whew! I just finished the T-shirt quilt for my Husband's Christmas present.  I have been working on it off and on for a while.  Kept putting it aside thinking I had lots of time - only working on it when he wasn't at home.  I had planned on giving it to him in November for his Birthday but missed that deadline.





 I found this cute panel and fabric----- thought it would be perfect as a back.


A little history about my Husbands Airplane.. It's a World war II Bi-plane manufactured in 1943.
He has had it for several years and we have taken lot's of trips together in it. 


Last September when he was taking off for Galesburg, IL he had a little mishap as you can see.
Not to worry He wasn't hurt at all and is now busy rebuilding it.  Hopes to be finished by September so he can make the trip to Galesburg.


3 comments:

  1. Nicely done, I need to make about five of them and I just keep putting it off. I have one ready to put together, and can't decide how to place the t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to spend some time visiting your blog as I see lots of great things here. I too, got Tonya's new book, we are both workign on BTCT, and I see this gorgeous tshirt quilt. I'm wanting to make one of my husbands tshirts that I saved and I think it's on my 2011 list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! That's a great story, too. I should get my t-shirt quilt out and finish it. Karmen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!