Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Quilt for Lillian


I have been working on this quilt for Lillian, my little Granddaughter and let me tell you working outside the lines is not an easy task..
I have so much admiration for designers like Tonya at Lazy Gal and Gwen Marston , I have several of their books.
Thanks goodness Tonya has a book coming out soon.
This is a temporary arrangement of my quilt which was inspired by one of Tonya's.
I am not so sure about the reach for the stars block. It is difficult to read and I am not crazy about the color.
Speaking of color. I had no idea how difficult it would be to find Lavender and green fabric. Evidently those are last seasons colors. I ended up mixing batiks and other fabrics. I am not sure if that is acceptable or not but I really didn't have much of a choice.
This quilt is supposed to be a wall hanging to go over the crib and it is coming out a little larger than I wanted. I think I got carried away with the size of my letters. I still have the border to do and that will make it even larger.
This is not as easy as you might think. Trying to get all the pieces to fit together has been quite a task for me.

3 comments:

  1. Lillian's quilt is so cute! The quilt police will NOT get you if you mix batiks and other fabrics. Remember, it's your quilt and you can make it however you want! The letters look wonderful. Makes me want to pull out my quilt I began last year where I had planned to write words in the border. Need to add that to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job!
    I do know how hard it is.....
    why do you think so many people paprer piece instead of being liberated!!!

    Let the "force" of the creative spirit guide you! Its gonna be a knock out and no one else will have one like it in all the world!

    Happy sewing...do you belong to Libquilters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fabulous! so cute and what a wonderful gift for a little girl. I love how you added the zigzag and string blocks. congrats for working liberated! yes, the "reach for the stars" is hard to read. maybe you could embroider around it with a stem stitch in a much darker color? if you decide to make a new block, believe me, I'd be happy to give a home to your orphan block.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!