Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

"A New Direction in Quilting"

I read this quote the other day
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way"
and it just seemed to inspire me.
I have always been one to stay within the lines and I think to be
creative you need to jump outside the lines once in a while.

This has always been difficult for me...I like to follow a pattern and
seldom do I change it. If I could get the exact fabric they used in the pattern I would.
I have taken lots of classes on how to be creative and how to use color but I don't seem to change.

Since this is a new year I thought I would give myself a challenge and try to get a little bolder and braver in my quilting. I wouldn't call this a resolution just a new direction.

This is a quilt I finished last year and it is different from what I usually do but it was made from a kit and I did not get to choose the colors so I wasn't the one being creative.


I want to make a wall hanging for my new Granddaughter and I am going to try and use some of the letters from Tonya at Lazy Gal Quilting she has such great ideas and she certainly gets outside the lines in her quilting.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Be true to yourself. I have trouble doing anything within the lines, and spend lots of time reinventing the wheel ;)
    all the best, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck!!! I know you can do it, having fun without writing in the lined paper the "proper way"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, you can do it!! You make such beautiful quilts!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!