I finally got to use my ruler from Karen Kay Buckley. It works really well. I only had one problem. The blocks were to be trimmed to 8.5” and the ruler would not go that small on the outside. It would make an 8 inch block on the inside of the ruler so I had to make marks and use another ruler to trim the blocks adding 1/4” all around.
I got so excited about putting all the blocks together I forgot to take individual pictures of the four blocks for month twelve. They are the 6th blocks on rows 1, 2 and 4 and the first block on row 3.
My layout is a little different from the original. Partly because I wanted as many blocks as possible to be upright and partly because I got so confused sewing them all together. I always seem to have trouble putting together a top when the blocks are on point.
The borders are still left to do and I must begin work on them because they add so much to the quilt.
Once again Dawn has outdone herself with another beautiful pattern. You can see it here.