Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Noah and Matilda

Don’t you just love the name of this quilt.

I am still having fun with these little blocks from the Noah and Matilda block of the month from Dawn at Collector With a Needle.




This month there were some really tiny pieces to deal with.  First there was this little bow knot with reverse appliqué.
  













I have this little iron called a Cool Tool which really came in handy.  At first I thought I would make it blue but changed my mind and went with green.



Then there were all these little bits in the Flower basket block.  They don’t look so small in this picture but trust me they are.  I think this is my favorite block so far.



Hope your Sunday is going well.
Nancy

11 comments:

  1. Your blocks are looking great. I am just starting to mKe mine. You are so right about little pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look fabulous. I had to leave a few tiny pieces off, just too small for me to enjoy doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely little blocks - well done! The fabrics you are using are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a beautiful job, Nancy. I love your last block. I have only done the first one so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a little ribbon. The Noah and Matilda blocks are are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your favorite block is my favorite too. I don't know when I will get back to making the blocks as I have so many projects going. It is inspiring seeing what you have done with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those are some small pieces! The basket block is so pretty! I like the variety of colors in it. Your technique looks so easy when I view it on your blog. I must try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking great! I back baste my applique. WOrks fabulous for pieces of all sizes!
    You've made some great fabric choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. preciosos bloque!!
    me fascina tu trabajo tan cuidado
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my gosh, Nancy, you are amazing!! Those pieces are so tiny!! Yiks!! You must still have great eyesight!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Nancy, I am so proud with your kind comments on my blog; really makes me blush. On your request (never knew there were readers outside Holland...) I put Google-translate on it. And ofcourse I paid a visit to your blog and... nearly fell off my chair. Your work is incredibly beautiful, and I see we love the same things. Your Auntie Green is so amazing, and also the Benjamin Biggs blocks. I never want to miss any post of you again, so I put your
    blog in my reading-list.
    Thanks again and kind regards,
    Ageeth from Holland

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!