Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Florabunda


I started Florabunda way back in May of 2010 and have just now put all the blocks together.  It was a free block of the month from Erin Russek of One Piece at a Time.
I first learned the freezer paper method of appliqué from Erin.
Erin has a wonderful site with lots of videos about this type of appliqué. She was one of the first if not the first  quilter to introduce this type of appliqué .
I made a little cutting mistake when cutting the background for the large center block and had to put a little border around it so it would fit.  Maybe after it’s all quilted it won’t be too noticeable.  I also put it together a little simpler than the original quilt but at least it is together and ready for quilting.
Happy stitching,
Nancy

9 comments:

  1. Nancy - as always, just stunning!! You must have the patience of a Saint!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I stopped after 1 block, but I did enjoy doing that block and keep thinking I should go back and do more applique Erin's way because I liked it, but had lots of other projects to lure me away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love how cheery this quilt is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even notice that border until you mentioned it. I'm sure it will quilt out. Lovely, lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Doesn't finished feel good? You've got lots of room for some nice quilting to add to your beautiful applique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great. Grats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! congratulations on the finish. As for the cutting repair - wouldn't worry about that at all - quilting will cover it and anyone will only see the wonderful colours and shapes!
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Esta muy bonito !!!
    me gusta esta tierno y claro....
    saludos

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!