Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

Calico Paradise


Last night I finished the last stitches on the center of my Calico Paradise quilt.  I am well pleased with how it has turned out. So bright and cheerful.


I changed the pattern a little to make mine more balanced.  I just couldn’t bring myself to make it as folksy as the original.  I guess it's that touch of OCD jumping out.


Just the small pink borders left to do.
  
When I first purchased this pattern from Dawn at Collector With A Needle I seriously thought I would never actually make it.  I just loved the picture on the pattern.  



But here  I am almost finished.  Just proves what a little stitching everyday can accomplish.
So keep stitching,
Nancy

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Nancy! I totally understand about having to balance the pattern. As much as I love the prim look, I often have to make my stuff a little less so, and I blame it on my OCD tendencies, as well. : )
    Dawn's patterns are gorgeous, but they intimidate me--I don't applique, other than with wool.
    I applaud you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful accomplishment. I have purchased patterns that had gorgeous designs and never made them. You actually did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Nancy! Glad you 'made it your own' and are so close to a finish.
    The first time I saw the antique quilt in a Ann's collection I only dreamed of making it...it is a good thing to aim big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that's really special! I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite patterns and yours is absolutely gorgeous! Great job getting so close to a finish on such a 'big' project.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. obra maestra !!!!
    es un magnifico trabajo
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Calico Paradise is just beautiful! You are right, a little stitching every day will get you some finished quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should be pleased, your Calico Paradise looks stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is fabulous! I'm glad you made it the way you'll enjoy best. Definitely a 'forever' kind of quilt.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!