Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Farmers Wife


I haven’t had a lot of time to spend on my Farmer’s Wife quilts but thought I would post my progress.  I have been making two versions.  A traditional one made with reproduction fabrics and one made with red, white and cream.

The traditional one is set like the book suggests and for the red and white one I am using a setting I found here.  I think it gives it a more modern look.  If I want my daughters to keep any of my quilts and not sell them all in a yard sale  I better start getting more modern.


My latest purchase is from Kris at Lavender Quilts.  Some of the new Kaffe Fassett fabrics for my applique’.  I think they are just wonderful.

Happy Stitching,
Nancy

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy--I have the same concerns about my quilts and kids--even my modern ones. Wish it wasn't so. Love you new Kaffe fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your Farmer's Wife is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous, in both colorways. As for your quilts, I have so many friends who have never had a quilt, nor have their children so I'm sure there will be lots of people who will love them for years and years. Great fabric purchase, love the colors. You have so many projects on the go, do you schedule days for certain projects? or just whatever strikes your fancy at the time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up with the comment about your daughters selling your quilts at yardsales! My daughters definitely have more appreciation for the more 'modern' quilts that I make too. I like both versions of your quilt, but confess to liking the older style a little bit more.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it interesting how you can get two totally different looks from the same blocks? Both quilts will look great and I'm sure your girls will not sell your beautiful quilts in a yard sale- LOL! Really pretty new fabrics, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!