Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Get GOing

I thought I would put my applique' aside for a while and get going with my AccuQuilt GO.


One of the reasons I bought a GO cutter was because I have always wanted to make a tumbler quilt but didn't want to do all that cutting with little templets or rulers.
The GO makes the cutting GO so fast...... I just wish the sewing went as fast.  I am going to use the leader ender method of sewing for this quilt if I am patient enough.
AccuQuilt has so many great dies for the GO and there are so many quilts I would like to do.



I am also making the Rose of Sharon quilt this is my first block ready to stitch.  Oops! I did sneak in a little applique' after all.
 AccuQuilt has a Rose of Sharon die  and I need to get it because I really hated cutting all those little pieces with scissors..this quilt has a lot of little pieces.


I am a member of the group "Bloggers that love their AccuQuilt"  and would like to let you know that  AccuQuilt is having a Design a Barn Quilt contest just click the flashing button on my blog to enter and win a GO of your own.
Happy Stitching,
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. I need to get my GO out of the cupboard too!! I like your idea of a Leaders and Enders project using the tumbler pieces. I have the larger tumbler die, so might just raid the scrap box and start my own Leaders and Enders quilt!

    I love your Rose of Sharon block. I guess this is Needleturn applique?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new look on your blog - new fonts, heading, etc! What a great idea for leaders and enders with the tumbler scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful again! The Rose of Sharon die is a real must! The leaves and circles in it alone could have been used for your lollipop trees - they are so versatile and I love the die.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!