I know you all must think all I do is applique and for the most part you are right.
This is my block three. Those dreaded fingers. I was really surprised it didn't fall apart when I washed it.
This is one I am not at all happy with - putting it aside while I worked on others was not a good idea because now it doesn't seem to fit in. I changed my yellows and this one seems way too dark. Heaven forbid I should have to do it over.
If anyone has any suggestions as to how I could make it fit better please speak up. I would really appreciate it.
Block eight was a fun block and not too challenging just lots of little leaves.
I didn't do the bird in the center on block nine but I did add an extra leaf. Most of these blocks don't look at all balanced to me.
Block ten was another fairly simple block just more leaves. I just put one stem to each cherry. The pattern has several stems to each cherry but they were embroidered.
I like block eleven I made the basket purple instead of green like in the directions. I think my quilt has enough green with all those green leaves and stems and this is my quilt so I feel it is alright to change what I don't like about the pattern.
These are my blocks so far.....not a great picture but you can get the idea. I have laid them out like the original so I could see where I needed certain colors. Don't want another block three fiasco.
I would really like to catch up so I can concentrate on just one block a month but the blocks I have let are a little challenging. I have finished the vines on the grape block in the center but not all those bazillion circles and I see more fingers in blocks 12 and 13.
I have other projects I need to do this week so I won't be moving as fast on this one.