Pages

Friday, February 12, 2016

SVBAQ Quilt Month Five - Old Voices New Impressions


Block A5 Yellow Pink Tulip
What a fun quilt this is turning out to be.  I really enjoy watching each block come alive and following along with all the other quilters.  Seeing their fabric choices and how each quilt is turning out so different even though we are all using the same pattern.
You can go HERE or HERE to see all the other blocks or to purchase the pattern from
The Virginia Quilt Museum.


I have also completed all the blocks for my Old Voices New Impressions quilt.


Karen from Log Cabin Quilts started this sew-along last July.  The quilt is from a Jeana Kimbell book by the same name and several ladies, like Cathy have already finished their tops.


This is the version of the quilt I am making.  I don’t have any fabric in my stash that would work for the sashing and borders so I guess I am going to be forced into making a trip to the quilt shop.  
Oh dear, oh dear, what ever shall I do.
Until the next time,
Nancy

11 comments:

  1. You've used some fun fabrics in your tulips, like that yellow with pink polka dots. Love your beautiful applique blocks. It's an awesome collection of vintage block designs. Sorry you HAVE to go fabric shopping. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using 1/2 sq tri's from a swap a few years ago, that's going to be my sashing. I fused all my blocks, getting close to finishing the blanket stitch around e-v-e-r-y single cherry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing, having to shop for fabric! : )
    What a beautiful block!
    And your Old Voices New Impressions blocks are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous block, Nancy!! And boo-hoo about having to go shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy preciosos bloques!!!
    ¿comprar tela?
    eso es un tiempo maravilloso,
    buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy! You've really outdone yourself on your Old Voices New Impressions quilt. And your new block is just wonderful too. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tulip block and then the Old Voices New Impressions collection is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tulip block is stunning!
    Love your fabric choices for this quilt.
    Congratulations on completing all of your blocks for Old Voices!
    They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Shenandoah block is oh so pretty. And your Old Voices blocks make my heart sing. So good to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tulip block but WOW gorgeous Old Voices appliqué blocks! Crisp and colorful and just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!