Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Noah and Matilda Months 6 and 7





Blocks for month Six.









Blocks for Month Seven






I have finally finished all my Noah and Matilda blocks .  Well, not really as the next set just came out .
It was the grapes that did me in this month.  They are so tiny about 1/4” and it took me a while to decide how I wanted to make them.  Dawn discuses several ways on her blog Collector with a Needle and I really like the way she did hers but just couldn’t get it to work for me .
I usually make my circles using the little perfect circles from Karen Kay Buckley but I didn’t have one small enough so I just had to needle turn them.  They are not all perfect as you can see but they will do.
Another thing that slowed me down - after getting last months patterns with the purple grapes I decided I really didn’t want to have blue in my quilt so I went back and redid all the blocks with blue.    I did leave the little blue bird.  Just couldn’t make myself change that little bird.
I like my blocks much better now.


I have really enjoyed making these little blocks. Each months set seems to hold a new appliqué challenge for me .
Have a great stitching day,
Nancy

16 comments:

  1. Looks amazing, Nancy. Those grapes are so small. You did a great job on them. I probably would have just cried! : )
    Hope you hadn't put a lot of blue in your blocks that had to be removed. I think you were smart to leave the bird blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are so wonderful. Fantastic quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your applique looks wonderful! What method do you use? I have these blocks but am considering enlarging them a bit....there are some tiny pieces on some of them. They really are cute at the original size but I don't know if I can handle that! Yours are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Noah and Matilda are so pretty and those grapes are PERFECT!! Wow, to be so tiny - don't know how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those N&M blocks are amazing! Are these going to be on point? I especially like the cactus block as my husband is so into cacti. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blocks--especially like that cactus--!! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look lovely Nancy - and well done with the dozens of grapes. I like an 'organic' grape so don't worry about perfection - they look perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible, Nancy!! I think those grapes DO look perfect even after enlarging the picture. You never cease to amaze me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really LOVE how your "Noah & Mathilda" is progressing! Just the right decision, according to me, to take out all the blue colors. It is looking more traditional and quiet this way.
    Greetings from Holland. Ageeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks are gorgeous!
    I think your grapes look wonderful!
    You are making fabulous progress - congratulations on keeping up each month - that's a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. preciosos bloque !!!!
    sera un guapísimo edredón
    las uvas están genial
    buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!! You re stitched some? Wow, that's amazing.
    Are you going to put them on point? Plenty of time to decide.
    They are wonderful all set out together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to see so many Noah and Matilda blocks. I found some greens on vacation to add to my stash for my blocks. I was running low on the particular style green fabrics I was using.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy, you blocks are fantastic. It's great to see them all together. I can't believe you went back and removed the blue, what a chore. Glad you like them better now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blocks look amazing. Tough go back and change things out, but if you're happier with them now, then it's all worth it. You are going to have a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All your applique blocks are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!