Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Chester Criswell Quilt


Block 9 Eliza Whiteside

I think this is my favorite block in this quilt so far.  I like it because it is not symmetrical but most of all I like it because of Eliza's story.  She was someone like most of us that did not have a perfect life and had difficulties to overcome.  Mary Criswell was her friend and even though her stitches were not perfect Mary put her block in the quilt.
We should all be so fortunate as to have a friend like this.
Only three more blocks to finish this year.
Happy stitching,
Nancy

7 comments:

  1. I agree, that is a wonderful story, esp. in a time and era when perfect stitches were oftentimes demanded of women.:) Great block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful block - well done! Will be lovely to see them all together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think Eliza's story is my favourite so far.
    A great block and I love the fabrics you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a lovely job again Nancy, it's certainly not an ugly duckling block now. I think Eliza's story is my favourite too ( but there are more to come...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't started on my blocks yet. I like the not symmetrical look of this particular design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this block too! Your work is great and you are so speedy to finish! I like your background fabric alot. It all looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your block looks lovely - it's a swan, not an ugly duckling. I can't wait to stitch this block.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!