Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

My Chester County Criswell Quilt

I have completed blocks 1, 2 and 3 on this directional background fabric and decided it just isn’t going to work.  It would be fine if there was a sashing between the blocks but with them all being sewn together it just looks confusing.

I like the color of this fabric with the different shades of cream so I am looking for something similar that is not directional.


  
Blocks 4 and 5 are ready to stitch.  I tried them on this background but think it might be a little lighter than I want.  I could do the whole quilt scrappy and use several different fabrics.  I believe this is the way the original quilt was done.
Oh happy day more fabric to search for.  Anyone know of a good one?

On another note “MARY LOU " has some good thoughts in her posts today you can check them out here and here.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to MaryLou's site, I'm glad I checked it out. Much needed reading on a day like today. I'm trying to only hear/read a bit of info and then move over to my Sandy quilts, one side of binding left on the 3rd and final quilt, the box will be posted tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on your blocks! Can't wait to see the quilt when it's finished.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the cream better than the white. Hope you find something. And thanks for linking to Applique Thursday. Off to MaryLou's site.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!