Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

In Full Bloom

One day  while reading some of my favorite blogs I came across this post on Karen’s blog Log Cabin Quilter.  
It was a free pattern by Edyta Sitar found here..  
Well, not having enough to do and thinking it was very cute I decided to make it.  I commented on Karens post and asked her where she got her background fabric.  To me the background is what makes this little quilt so special.  Karen being such a thoughtful person offered to send me a piece of the fabric.  So here is my version of  "In Full Bloom".
If you enjoy looking at quilts especially applique’ you should visit Karen’s blog.  She does beautiful work.  The headers alone are worth a visit.  
Happy stitching,
Nancy

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilt! I think you are right about the background fabric. That was sweet of Karen to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is super cute, and yes, that b.g. really sets the tone for the piece. I love Karen's blog, when I grow up I want to be able to quilt like her. Can you imagine the fun we could have in her sewing room, I can only imagine her stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! I agree, the background is absolutely perfect. Great scrappy border too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a pretty wallhanging! Very peaceful looking and the background certainly adds to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Edyta's work too, and your version of her pattern is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. VEry pretty! the background is wonderful I have some of that in my closet :)
    Karen is so generous isn't she, ah yes I would love to be as productive as she is!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is so sweet and the background fabric was the perfect gift to make it extra special.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!