Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Jan Patek's Christmas 101

It's almost July so I thought I would get a start on Christmas.

I bought  Jan Patek's book "Country Quilts for your soul" last year.  I just love this book so many wonderful quilts in it.  Some nights I just sit and dream about making all the quilts.


Christmas 101 is one of my favorites.  Her version is made from Moda Remembrance which isn't available anymore or at least I couldn't find it.  So I have tried to substitute fabric.  I am not to sure about the second angels hair.  In the photo it kind of looks like brain matter or worms - not good.




I have completed the first three blocks.  The quilt is only 42 x 36 so the blocks are not large and they make up quickly.
Hope you are happily stitching.
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. I recently made the Christmas 101 quilt top using Remembrance. Your substituted fabric choices work well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently took out my Christmas 101 kit I'd orderd a few years ago, having had to wait to work on it due to medical issues. Afer carefully identifying what fabric goes where, found I was missing some fabric from the kit -- backgrounds for at least 1 block and the wide outer border. Found your blog/info doing a google search for the Remembrance line of fabric to order to replace the missing kit pieces and your pictures of substitutions you made is most helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!