Tattered Garden



May all your ups and downs be with a needle and thread!

Monday, June 11, 2012

Jan Patek's Christmas 101

It's almost July so I thought I would get a start on Christmas.

I bought  Jan Patek's book "Country Quilts for your soul" last year.  I just love this book so many wonderful quilts in it.  Some nights I just sit and dream about making all the quilts.


Christmas 101 is one of my favorites.  Her version is made from Moda Remembrance which isn't available anymore or at least I couldn't find it.  So I have tried to substitute fabric.  I am not to sure about the second angels hair.  In the photo it kind of looks like brain matter or worms - not good.




I have completed the first three blocks.  The quilt is only 42 x 36 so the blocks are not large and they make up quickly.
Hope you are happily stitching.
Nancy

4 comments:

krishna said...

simply speechless....

Karen said...

I recently made the Christmas 101 quilt top using Remembrance. Your substituted fabric choices work well.

Julie said...

I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/06/show-your-stuff-29.html

8f58224e-0f5a-11e2-a1b7-000bcdcb5194 said...

I recently took out my Christmas 101 kit I'd orderd a few years ago, having had to wait to work on it due to medical issues. Afer carefully identifying what fabric goes where, found I was missing some fabric from the kit -- backgrounds for at least 1 block and the wide outer border. Found your blog/info doing a google search for the Remembrance line of fabric to order to replace the missing kit pieces and your pictures of substitutions you made is most helpful.