Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Life's Little Routines Keep Us Going!

It's really hard getting back into the routine of your life.  I seem to be having a difficult time getting motivated to do much of anything.  There is so much on my list  I don't  know where to start.

I did take a nice break last Thursday to go to the Georgia Quilt Show
with my friend Judy.
We had such a nice time and managed to find a couple of places
to spend some money.


I found a book "Country Quilts" by Jan Patak in Auntie Ju's booth.  
It's a great book and there are a couple of things I actually plan to make in it.

One of the main reasons I wanted to go was to visit the Primitive Gatherings booth.  I have become very attracted to all the wool in quilts now and Lisa Bongean has some great ways to use wool.  
Her book "Nine Patch Gatherings" has a clever way to make little nine patches in it and I had to try to control my urge to buy her little squares of fabric.
After all I do have a GO cutter.
I also found a new thread called Omni by Superior to try in my longarm.
It was a fun day!


The binding on the Black and White BOM quilt from 2010 is finally finished.
Several members of the little quilting group I belong to did this together. 
I can't believe it's almost been two years...

Happy Stitching,
Nancy

4 comments:

  1. Love your finds at the show. Is Omni thread just a heavier version of SoFine? Both are poly. Give us a report when you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we did have a good time, didn't we? Your black and white quilt looks great! You can check that off your list now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt! I'm so glad you got to get away and enjoy some shopping with a friend :)!! One of the sweet, simple joys of life :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black and white quilt is so beautiful I bet you are feeling a sense of satisfaction with such a beautiful quilt finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!