Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Quilt Woes


I previously posted about this quilt and it's problems a while back.
Well, this is a sad enough by itself but the real problem is I just remembered I made my Liberated Amish quilt from the same black fabric.



I believe this fabric might have been from the 80s.  I had a whole bolt of it. Needless to say the rest of the bolt went in the trash.
One thing for sure I will  give black fabric a real good test before I use any of it again.
I think I will see if I can quilt NO WORDS and just use it as a wall hanging once in a while.  With a big label on the back to never ever wash it.
I wouldn't bother but this is the first Challenge I ever entered and my first Liberated Quilt.  I hate to lose it.

2 comments:

  1. I love "NO Words" very striking. It would be horrible to lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Now, that is one terrible thing! My goodness woman, you are living up to your name!

    I love 'No Words'..you did a fabulous job..but I'm afraid I'd have a lot to say if it was mine and it were to meet the same fate!

    I'm just glad you were given a chance to find out the liabilities of that fabric! And I shudder to think what I might have in my stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!