Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Seams, Seams, What about Seams

Some questions have been asked about bulky seams in my String Quilt. I didn't really have a problem with the seams.
Keeping in mind this was my first string quilt project. This is what I did.

I used old dryer sheets as the foundation.


Steam pressed the seams really well after the top was finished. If you use a thicker foundation the seams would be thicker.


One reason the quilt isn't any larger is because I ran out of used dryer sheets..I guess I need to do more laundry.

2 comments:

  1. That cracks me up that you need to do more laundry. How about you just buy a box of fabric sheets and wash all of them and then you'll have a huge supply for your string quilts and won't have to do laundry. No laundry = more time to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahhha! so that's the secret! I think my friend used a calico foundation and also, I think it was one of those old calicos (probably the type used to wrap xmas pudding in!) so that would account for the thickness. Dryer sheets! how inventive! and I actually have some:-)

    Thanks!
    Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!